Being one of the newest members of the SOS Radio family, I thought it might be fun to share with you a few random things about me. Feel free to comment and share some random things about you too!
25 Random Things about Robert Forbes
1. I purchased my first pair of swim goggles ever this year (age 30) and swam under water for the first time ever.
2. I'm the baby of 6 children my mom had.
3. I like SpongeBob SquarePants maybe even more than my daughters do.
4. My favorite movie is (don't judge me) The Titanic. (James Cameron outdid himself with that one.)
5. I used to be in a Christian Rock band called "Soulfill" where they taught me how to play guitar.
6. I used to be a praise and worship leader in church and loved every minute!
7. I was born in Houston, Texas. (I still like big toast.)
8. My wife and I first met at a backstage meet-and-greet that I was hosting with Matthew West.
9. My first car was 1989 Dodge Shadow and that car took me and my friends everywhere!
10. In college, I started out as a Music Major. After two years, I switched to Mass Communications.
11. Radio is something I have always loved and I started imitating radio voices when I was 3 years old.
12. When I was kid, I would tape record myself making up radio theatre dramas with sound effects from my Casio keyboard.
13. I prefer not to eat popcorn in a movie theatre because it always makes me super thirsty before the previews are even over.
14. I'm a computer nerd. I love fixing computers. Always have!
15. I miss the old style of cell phone called the flip phone. There was never a more satisfying way to hang up.
16. The greatest trip I've ever taken was when I flew my girlfriend (now wife) to Seattle to meet my mother.
17. On my oldest daughter's first day of Kindergarten, I cried like a baby after she went inside.
18. I don't endorse this now but when I was young, my brother and I would sneak into the golf course to take jumps with our bikes off the big hills.
19. I'm not a big risk-taker but I hope to someday try sky diving.
20. I learned how to drive a manual transmission on downtown Seattle streets. (Lots of hills) I would scream every time my car began to roll backwards.
21. In high school I played football and my nickname was "Pancake" because I would flatten the opposing team.
22. My favorite teacher in high school was my English teacher, Mrs. Tait, because she taught us at a college level and we didn't realize the benefits until later on in life.
23. I rarely to never check my voicemail.
24. One time, on my first day of a brand new job, I walked in and my boss said, "Go home. Get your swim gear on. We're going water skiing." And we did. Best first day ever.
25. My family gives me purpose and God gives me direction.