- Listen Live
MARK SCHULTZ-I AM THE WAY
I'm quite forgetful lately, for no good reason. Maybe it's just part of getting old? HOPE NOT! The other day on my show, we kicked around ideas on improving memory.
For anyone you know who'd like to be a little less forgetful, here are some highlights:
1. Write things down. Even if you forget to take the thing you wrote on with you, the mere act of writing can burn stuff into your brain.
2. Use technology: set up alarms, alerts, etc. on your computer and/or smart phone.
3. Exercise your brain! One person told me she plays Brain Age to keep her mind sharp. I personally attempt the same thing via Words With Friends, Scramble With Friends, and Hanging With Friends (what can I say...I like word games!).
4. Clear your mind. Often, we forget things because we're preoccupied. Figure out what's distracting you, and deal with it.
5. PRAY. This should go without saying, but if we're honest, this solution evades us too often. Ask God for help, and trust Him to see you through.