- Listen Live
ALL THINGS NEW-GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN
I feel SO out of style when I see all the clothes at the mall. I'm still in skinny jeans denial! Back to school shopping always does this to me. It's like 5 stages of grief!
1. Denial – The clothing stores are just selling ugly stuff this year. They are out of touch!
2. Anger – I am NOT paying $65 for a ratty t shirt with some designer logo on it. These girl shirts just keep getting tighter and tighter and shorter & shorter…. no one can fit into this!
3. Bargaining – OK.... I've been to 27 stores.....MAYBE I'll let my kid wear that outfit IF I can change it up a little bit and make it a little more modest….
4. Depression – My kids aren't listening to me! Do I have any influence anymore? Have they learned anything about modesty or the value of a dollar from me???? They just want me here for my credit card!!!
5. Apathy/Acceptance – I don't even care anymore. I can't find ANYTHING that I like for my kids. I'm just going to let them buy whatever they want.... if it's on sale and semi modest!