- Listen Live
THE ONLY NAME BY BIG DADDY WEAVE
Jim Daly from Focus on the Family shared a list of ten books every Christian should read in addition to
*Basic Christianity, by John Stott
*The Cost of Discipleship, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
*Desiring God, by John Piper
*How Now Shall We Live?, by Chuck Colson
*Knowing God, by J.I. Packer
*Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis
*The Pilgrim’s Progress, by John Bunyan
*The Practice of the Presence of God, by Brother Lawrence
*The Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer
*The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis
Maybe you're like me and you've been wanting to be a part of this Do Something Summer of Purpose, but the ideas have been tough to come up with. Well, I've found a really cool resource online that allows you to input your city, and then it shows you a list of opportunities you can get involved in! Pretty cool right? It's called VolunteerMatch.org - Just click on the logo below to get started!
P.S. Let me know if you discover something you liked!
"Peace isn't the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ." - Sheila Walsh
I’m Scott@SosRadio.net and I've been wondering… "How do you experience peace without it becoming an emotion?" Email me if you have some thoughts!
In Paul’s’ Letter to the Philippian church, he described a "peace that passes all human understanding."
He wrote: “The peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Dan Young chats with SOS artist Tobymac about caring for his dad in hospice, and how his kids have been a huge blessing in a difficult time.
Dan Young- Afternoons on SOS Radio (4pm-7pm Pacific Time/5pm-8pm Mountain Time)
1. I have not seen ‘Frozen.’ Every other member of my family has. I’m not avoiding it or anything, it just hasn’t happened.
2. I once sang the national anthem to open a Cardinals baseball game at Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
3. I’ve jumped out of an airplane 20 times in my life.
4. I use toothpaste that is flavored like licorice and contains blue-green algae.
5. I met my wife at a radio broadcast. I still have a photo of our very first conversation, which was an on-air interview.