• Prayer   2 years 34 weeks ago

Hi my brothers and sisters asking special prayer for GODS strength and provision homeless at 65 in NYC and feeling abandoned and exhausted.GOD richly bless you brother Danny

• Pregnancy results   2 years 34 weeks ago

All of us here at SOS Radio are praying. Like the last person said, you're not alone.

• Doctors don't have any answers   2 years 34 weeks ago

M,

I suffered for six years with as you say a mysterious illness. I saw doctor after doctor and they only threw medication after medication at me. I found a doctor in Coeur D' Alene, ID that after only two visits diagnosed me correctly and after about 18 months I feel better than I have in about 10 years. I praise God for him daily as my quality of life was getting worse and worse and now I am regaining my health and therefore happiness.

His website is www.allertouch.com. He is not a conventional doctor, but a strong Christian man who has dealt with his own issues. He does things very differently, which I love as I have lost all faith in conventional medicine.

I hope this helps. I will be praying for you!

• My battle   2 years 34 weeks ago

Meghan... I want to encourage you that you can find a way to cope... I don't know what you issues are so i am gonna tell you what mine are. I can hear my thoughts and they come in the voices of people i know. At first it was like whispers and i became very paranoid and suspicious of everyone around me. My mind was literally telling myself exactly what i thought my friends would say. I had a Great friend who was Christian (Gone to be with the Lord) and she had always said whenever I had a problem... any problem, what is rational... real? So here i am 10 years ago homeless with three kids riding a bus and I quickly glance at a sign for about one second, and I hear exactly what the sign says in my head, so me i glance around the bus trying to see who saw me look at the sign... my mind tells me they knew and looked away. so know i got this figured out! i'm gonna get some sunglasses... God provides them, and so dark i know that no one can see where i'm looking and i still heard it. there i get it a little but i still don't know how to shut it down, I find myself just like people you can see today walking down the street screaming and yelling yet no one's there and they aren't wearing a bluetooth. i moved halfway across the country and it was still there. We had a home and we had a TV and they disappeared when i would concentrate on TV. i met a new friend who kept telling me "you will be ok, your a good mom, how can i help" she said it so often that those words were what i started to hear. she hooked me up with a syke who didn't want to just medicate me she explained to me that the human brain has over 200,000 thoughts a minute and i hear many of my subconscious thoughts... the ones people take for granted like when your driving down the street and see a car turning and need to step on the brake, i hear marti a car is turning in front of you step on the brake now... the whole trip. i have been able to for many years, when it started i thought i would never be ok again, now it is just excess stress that triggers it and i can still have a bad day. God has opened my eyes and given me coping strategies and I pray He opens your eyes and gives you coping strategies. God please provide a beginning point of healing.

• Pray for Aaron Shust's Baby Michael!   2 years 34 weeks ago

May the Lord be your sheppard during this time, and be your rest as well. God Bless your family.. Find comfront in knowing that we serve an almighty God, his love his forever. I pray the Lord will heal your son from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet.

• The Hobbit trailer!   2 years 35 weeks ago

want to see the hobbit so badly!!

• Marriage   2 years 35 weeks ago

I am praying for you.

• Granddaughter's Kidney   2 years 35 weeks ago

"Beauty of simplicity" is a great song you guys could play more often.
    I listened to it a couple times a while ago when driving to work in the morning and really put me in a good whorshiping-God-all-day-long mood.

Peace!

• Is There A Line with Relevance? An honest discussion with Hollywood   2 years 35 weeks ago

Thanks for the comments guys! We appreciate the feedback and honest discussion!

-Scott

• End this life   2 years 35 weeks ago

Hi Eric,
    I am sure this would be Our Father's desire for you to quit these harmful things, so keep praying for His Holy Spirit to give you strength to persevere. I am praying for you now.

Sally

First off,Scott,I really wanted to call in on this,but I am a heavy steel fabricator and the background noise would have been a little rough for radio.

While I understand Jeff's opinion,I do not agree.

There is no need to 'dumb down'scripture to reach *anyone*,period.The apostles were not exactly merit scholars.

Under the guise of being "missional",there are atrocities being committed behind the pulpit.

I am not sure where the movement started but there is a surplus of pastors,youth pastors,etc that seem to think the only way to reach the skinny-jeans generation is to use carnal music,dress,language,and example.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Using the law of diminishing returns,if it takes carnal attributes to *reach* someone,what do you think it will take to *keep* them?The answer?......MORE.

I prefer to use the example of counterfeit currency.Employees are not trained on *bad* currency,they are trained on *good* currency,only then do they move on to discerning between the two.

If you know whats good,bad is pretty easy to distinguish.There is plenty of *bad* out there,very little needs to be added,particularly from "positive message"movies.

While I have struggled through most of my life with multiple addictions,a particularly troubling childhood and too numerous-to-mention poor life choices,God has redeemed me.For what I am yet unclear,but I thank Him for my wife and children who both know and love Him,and for life *in* Him of which I remain unworthy.

Do justly
    love Mercy
    Walk humbly with your God,

Scott N

PS If you want to read this on-air,I am fine with that,if you wish to e-mail that is fine also,but please be patient as I am not much of a computer person.

• Employment and relocation to las vegas   2 years 35 weeks ago

Thank you for your words of encouragment. I do believe God has a plan for me. As for my previous prayers, my son did get married and the other prayers still need prayers. As we are blessed each day, please continue to pray for our, for you are in my prayers.

• Pregnancy results   2 years 35 weeks ago

I've been praying for you ever since I heard this on the radio. You're not alone.

• Holly San Jose   2 years 35 weeks ago

Thank you for your prayers. Holly made it through the 16 hour surgery. They removed some colon and her uterus. She is doing very well in her recovery. Thank you so much and God Bless You.

• Prayer for my sister in Montana   2 years 35 weeks ago

Tears of gratitude. Thank you!

• Please   2 years 35 weeks ago

Thank you for the blessings you give with a loving heart.

I think it's a matter of who we are serving. Are we trying to serve and please the world? Are we trying to serve, please and honor God? You can't do both.

Our society has become so desensitized and that line keeps getting pushed and pushed and the lines have been beyond blurred. Movies, television and even the magazines on the stands in the Walmart check out look completely different then 20+ years ago and it keeps getting worse.

Reality? Why does this have to be our reality? Because Hollywood says it is? We can meet people where they are at, tell a good story and dare I say even entertain without abandoning our moral standards.

• in need of prayer having so many problems with everything. move here in agust.   2 years 35 weeks ago

Shadow Hills Baptist Church one block west of Vegas Drive and Buffalo. Despite it's name, and having been a Roman Catholic for thirty years, this church, pastor and ministries have taught my family more in three years than the Catholic church did in the past thirty. I have an eleven yr old and three yr old, they love it. It's about relationships, not religion. They're website is Shadowhills.org. check it out.

• what happens when???   2 years 35 weeks ago

I just wanted to update everyone....I was just released from the hospital a few days ago. I was admitted for chest pressure and labored breathing. They did a stress test which came back fine and a number of blood tests which ruled out a multitude of things. They also attempted a spinal tap twice and were unsuccessful. They wanted to make a third attempt but decided it would be too dangerous considering I have a condition called Chairi Malformation. It is suspected I may have MS, but has not yet been confirmed. I have become weaker,but try to do what I ca do when I can do it to stay some what active....EVERYTHING I do has become a process. I have to rest often, and my husband has to do many thigs for me. PLEASE, PLEASE pray for some sort of answers on my next doctors appointment which is comig up (1/16)

• Self image   2 years 35 weeks ago

You are deserving of much better treatment!!! DON'T continue to endure that, it usually will NOT get better!! DON'T buy into his lies!!! Pray about the situation and begin taking steps to cae for yourself, seek assistance..listen to and accept help from those who offer...above all be SAFE!!!

• mommy's little angle now   2 years 35 weeks ago

I am so sorry to hear that. This may be a great learning opportunity for your son. help him remember all the GOOD times with his sister. He will take his que from your actions.

• Constant Suicidal Thoughts, and my Best Friend   2 years 35 weeks ago

Lay it ALL down at his feet!!! Those thoughts are NOT from JESUS!! I have been seading a book called BATTLE FIELDS of the MIND by JOYCE MYERS...it is a GREAT book. DON'T give in to the enemy!!! He wants nothing more the you to give up. It DOES get better.

• My Best Friend   2 years 35 weeks ago

you girls have your whole lives ahead!! I can relate to the low self esteem issues. I went as far as covering all my mirrors with paper so I would not have to look at myself, eventually I learned it was OK to take care of yourself....and to do what makes YOU happy. The world has a distorted view on beauty ad image. If something makes you feel comfortable and happy do it!!! BE GOOD to yourself.

• My battle   2 years 35 weeks ago

hi, I just turned 35, and battled many issues from Major depression to self loathing, a eating disorder ect....i to have lost many friends over these issues. DON'T give up!!!! If you would like to talk, orjust need someone to listen i am here...I know it may be akward talking to a stranger, but I have been there. I live in Vegas (702-742-7762) I will be here if you need someone....even if you want prayer. Keep your head held high and keep pressing on....it DOES get better!!!! Melanie

• Critical care: brother-in-law   2 years 36 weeks ago

Thank you so much! He was actually back home in California 3 days later and is doing great!