• family- spiritual attack   5 years 3 weeks ago

Standing with you.

• Arguments   5 years 3 weeks ago

My husband and I say that are a butt of God's sense of humor. The only thing we have in common is GOD and miracle whip! I lie not. If he like something, I hate it. If I like it, he hates it. We have laughed so hard over this and have cried all the more. We even divorced for 2 years out of sheer frustration. But.. I missed him and he me and we talked on the phone every day. The thing we needed to quit doing.. (I am speaking of us) is to get rid of our individual pride and the need to be 'right'. This made us like 2 world's colliding.. when GOD meant for us to 'compliment' one another instead. That took humility and the willingness to really listen to one another's heart and honor and respect feelings. To try and understand the other with the LORD's help and for one of us to submit to the other.. or to prefer the other.
    It took and it taking LOTS of practice and sometimes still we just have to agree to disagree, but over time it's helping us. Hope this encourages you. Love in Christ. Praying.

• SOS saved my life.   5 years 3 weeks ago

I am almost 51. I had Bulimia and Anorexia as a teen. I came from a mixed family. One side was 'small' the other 'stocky'. I was told all of my life that I would the part of the stocky side. I was always monitored whenever I ate. The world was all about being thin and beautiful. perfectionism and 'earning' love and value was my family motto. Favoritism when you performed and a black sheep when you did not.I have grown up feeling a failure, ugly, and fat. The Truth is..I am really not any of these things. But this is how we are groomed to think. GOD saved me as well.. and still is. This morning He gave me Psalm 139 and for the first time I heard it. Lately he has been speaking through the music and so many things about my 'outside appearance'.. that i am as HE MADE ME to BE. We have All the wrong ideas about what beautiful really is. You know what? For the FIRST time in my life I am accepting WHO I AM.. because HE is making me and His word says" HE MAKES ALL things (and us) BEAUTIFUL in HIS TIME."Don't believe the LIES anymore... just know.. like me.. YOU are a MASTERPIECE! ALL masterpieces are UNIQUE and there TRULY are NO Comparisons. GOD made diversity.. just look around you. Like the STARS in the SKY you were made to shine with your OWN LIGHT.. A reflection of the SON who shines on,in, and THROUGH you. Pray for me.. I;ll pray for you. Mind changes are a process.. let's keep on believing the Voice of Truth. Amen! <3

• my teenage son   5 years 3 weeks ago

I feel you. Please trust God and have faith in the Lord it will be ok. You are doing the right thing. I pray for strength for you.

• Starting New Job Monday For Training   5 years 3 weeks ago

Hi Janet;

You sound a lot like me. I always get nervous about new work and that comes from how the LORD has used me. In my 30's I lost my husband to injury and illness. Before he went home to be with the LORD, he said: "You are going to be a lot like Michael Landon's character on highway to heaven. haha. I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. But..20 years later? He was RIGHT.. and that was from the Lord.
    The LORD has a way of placing us when, where, and in His timing with whom He wants us to work with. His hand is on us as He gives us both the gifts and the anointing (like the artisans in the OT) to do the work He calls us to do. Sometimes people can be at a job all of their lives.. IF this is what the LORD desires. Sometimes less. What I am trying to communicate is this: Trust.. let go.. and let GOD be Sovereign in this job. He will give you what you need to do what He has placed you there for. The anointing is yours.. just rest in it. He will 'perform' all things for you as the scripture says. IF and when HE desires to promote you.. or move you out... sometimes it's really hard.. but it's GOD or God allowing it. He has ordered every step and day of your life.. just be intimately abiding in Him and watch His work.. He loves you and WILL sustain you and ALL the needs you and your family have. Blessings!

• Marriage Reconcilliation   5 years 3 weeks ago

Praying and standing with you!

• I have a painful crick on my neck.   5 years 3 weeks ago

Janna, How are you? Please give an update if you see this. I too have been battling pain: Nerve,,(which is a test) and back and neck. I sympathize with you completely. Prednisone,Motrin and prayer.. much better now. take care!

• My mother's Open-heart surgery   5 years 3 weeks ago

How is our mom Thomas.. would you give an update? Thank you... praying tonight for you all.

• My dad's having open heart surgery next week   5 years 3 weeks ago

Hi Natalie

How did your dad make out with his surgery? Just saw this request. Please give an update if you would when you see this. Praying! Thanks!

• Seeking higher paying job   5 years 3 weeks ago

Haha. don't! I used to go to the altar so much when I was first saved I thought everyone was looking at me and rolling their eyes.. saying.. "There she goes again.. that girl must be a mess!"

lol.. I am.. a beautiful one.. lol... The LORD later said to me that it's true about the 'squeaky wheel' if we don't 'ask, seek and knock' we don't get..

we ALL have needs.. just keep on asking.. and praying for others too! God Bless you!

• Husband has Cancer. Need Help   5 years 3 weeks ago

Hi Abby.. Wondering how you, your husband and children are? Could you give an update? Praying!

• Martin Flores Jr.   5 years 3 weeks ago

Praying for you and with you for Martin, his mom, and family.

• Getting closer and closer to college   5 years 3 weeks ago

Justin, it is my pleasure to lift you up in prayer here through SOS radio and now daily in my personal prayers.
    I know that God will bless you and lead you to the university where He can most be glorified through you.

Mrs. Alapa

• Financial guidance...   5 years 3 weeks ago

I think the Lord is already speaking to your heart. I have lifted you up in prayer.

• Need Employment   5 years 3 weeks ago

You and your situation have been lifted up in prayer

• 10yr year old granddaughter of friends   5 years 3 weeks ago

Prayers said for Kylie and her family

• Gary Caught Someone Gossiping About Him - Listen   5 years 3 weeks ago

I've done it too. And this is why I felt so bad for them. Because I knew that could have been ME!!!!

Thanks for the word! =)

• Gary Caught Someone Gossiping About Him - Listen   5 years 3 weeks ago

I'm not recommending pride... but I do think you can feel good that you #1 felt compassion for someone who was hurting you and #2 took the opportunity not to get the speck out of their eye, but to get the log out of your own.

(Although it sounded a little like THEY had the log and YOU had a speck... whatever. Your heart was in the right place.) :)

Thanks for reminding us:

"Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, & what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops." -- Luke 12:3

• life and choices   5 years 3 weeks ago

I think it's time for you to go to a meeting. Are you in Vegas? Do it tonight, please.

We're here for you.

Praying!

• Need some prayers   5 years 4 weeks ago

many are praying for you do not crumble. God makes good of everything. Be strong in the Lord read the Bible and keep your head up. He is guiding you and with you. Your His child and He loves you. Know this and do what you need to do. Believe me God will provide make the decisions you are waivering on and you will see Him work in your life.

• Left Behind   5 years 4 weeks ago

Thank you all.

I am SO involved in not only my youth group but multiple areas of my church as well. I love being at my church, in the House of Our Lord. And sometimes I feel that it may be the church itself, rather than God HIMself, that is actually holding me together.

• end of time   5 years 4 weeks ago

Fear not for I have over come the world Jesus said. Do not fear he has not given you a spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind matt 24;14"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. You can do something though Get in the battle the ten forty window need missionaries and King's supporting missionaries. I currently in India doing just that making a difference fear not brother Love James

• end of time   5 years 4 weeks ago

Jesus tells us in the Bible that nobody knows when these times will be. He also tells us that we should not worry about tomorrow and trust that God will provide (Matthew 6).

• Waiting on the Lord, and Not being Angry or Frustated   5 years 4 weeks ago

I am a woman, but I watched my husband lose 3 jobs in 3 years. One he worked at for 5 years at first and worked right up the ladder with the Lord's blessing. One day.. after becoming a regional manager.. and making the most profit.. they fired him outright.. along with some others. New middle management.. got rid of the ones that were not 'yes' men in the company. My husband was one of them and broken so badly by it. All he kept saying was that he was the provider and he let us down.

But God came along and let me know one morning to tell him. (because it was hard for him to hear at the time) that HE was the Provider for us.. and that since HE was also the provider of my husband's employments that HE would take the responsibility for US. My husband's job WAS to head his family, lead us, and provide.. but UNDER GOD.

Come to find out.. GOD had OTHER plans for us.. because I lost my job too at the same time. We did not know what His plans were for many months after that.. but HE DID take care of us as we learned to JUST look to HIM for our needs. It meant learning the difference between needs and wants.. losing things like our home and most all of our belongings, and having to move across country.. which GOD led and paid for and GAVE us new belongings when we got here.. and we STILL learn to live by His Hand for everything. My husband has been in the hospital 7 times in the last year and the LORD will not let me work at all. He KEEPS us LEANING on HIM for EVERY SINGLE THING.

Sometimes even when we feel like we are ahead.. HE allows something to come that makes us SHORT and praying again for help. I believe that GOD is teaching us ALL a NOAH kind of FAITH because in the days ahead we WILL need it.

Secondly.. I was a restaurant manager, security Guard, house keeper, private duty aid, yard worker, painter, preacher, prison minister and the list goes on and on.. I even got my degree going for psychology and GOD made me change it.. the whole Identity lesson for me and my husband and us all is this;

We are NOT what we DO.. we are GOD's kids sent to DO something where HE needs us and when. I know you are a teacher.. I get that everything and everyone has a 'Name and a purpose'.. but sometimes when we get locked into something.. GOD will decide to send us into something else.. or just allow us to understand that our 'do is not our who' as Joyce Meyer says.. necessarily.

God loves you and your wife and kids.. and they need to see YOU lead them through this time.. honestly, yes.. with integrity .. yes.. as their strength.. yes.. because GOD is YOURS.

You can and WILL do this.. just get with DAD.. and know He loves you and them.. and WILL NOT let you down. Just let HIM show you HIS path. Praying.

• really tough times.   5 years 4 weeks ago

Hi Amanda;

I hear the heartache in your request. Financial stress is something most everyone is experiencing right now and it wants to rob us of our peace.

Do your mother and dad know the LORD?

4 years ago my husband and I lost our jobs within 2 months of each other. The LORD gave us favor with our mortgage company and we remained in our home almost a year and a half before we had to leave. Times never got better for us with our home. But God had a plan. He told us to just do ministry at a homeless place and we did that. The my husband and I took some time to rest in the winter months after Christmas. In February he flew to Las vegas to spend some time with a sister he did not know well. I remained at home with our dogs. One day my husband called and said: "I think we are supposed to move out here". I laughed because we were fortunate to have 20.00 to our name.. period and the LORD had not said it to me as yet.

Well, all of the doors began to close on the east coast where we lived.. we prayed and put our house on the market.. and the LORD paid our whole trip out to Las vegas and gave us all we needed to live... BUT.. EVERY week... we are SHORT and we have to LEAN on HIS PROVISION. He makes it come when HE desires from where He desires and we try to follow His lead in all we do. It's pretty amazing.

Thing is we are just like you.. we have needs.. we have NO assets.. and we just TRUST GOD to take care of us as HE said he would. But we ONLY ask HIM for help.. no one else and we wait in faith and patience. We SWEAT BIG TIME when we first began trusting and learning this.. but now.. we are comfortable in it and peaceful. We DO have what we NEED.

As far as HEARING from GOD.. yourself.. COMMIT to a quiet time every day. Be faithful. I begin my mornings with singing to the LORD.. because He inhabits our praises.. but GOD is not legalistic.. In fact HE is ALWAYS closer to you than you can imagine.. closer than your next breath. It is our distractions that make him feel far away at times. I Confess whatever I know may be in the way of our fellowship immediately because I always want that 'open door' with the LORD. I sit with the LORD and I wait for HIM. He will come.

When you first start out.. don't get discouraged. Just Show up.. and soon God will show up and manifest Himself to you. Intimacy with His kids is His heart.. however sometimes.. it takes time to Build any relationship.. but then it's beautiful! He loves you.. and He will be there for you.. just keep seeking Him.. that's HIS promise!!