• Taking my own life   3 years 7 weeks ago

I wanted to give this to you too

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
    Matthew 11:28

• Taking my own life   3 years 7 weeks ago

I too have been there. I put all my trust, faith and hope in God. He is mighty and will carry you through your darkest valley. I will keep you in my prayers.

• Taking my own life   3 years 7 weeks ago

Hi jen
    I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Have frequent feelings of just not wanting to not be here anymore. I pray to God frequently to go ahead and take me home. I'm still here, and every morning I wake up, its a new day. Its a better day. Hang in there jen!! My prayers are with you!! May the peace of God be with you always!

• My son   3 years 7 weeks ago

I will pray for you and your son, I went through the same thing, my son is very young has been in and out of jail for dui's but two years ago I stopped enabling him and gave him to the Lord and got him hooked up in a local chuch that focuses on the power of the Lord. He has been there since and now evanglizes all las vegas and is praying that the Lord sends him to South Africa on a mission he is attending bible school and serves the Lord fulltime, lives and breaths everything for the lord

• Taking my own life   3 years 7 weeks ago

Jen,
    Please know that you are a beloved daughter of a KING!! You have a divine royal heritage. He sees you're suffering and wants to comfort you. No trial in this life is too hard for Him. Please seek help for these thoughts. A counselor will help you work through them and give you hope for the future! Remember you are precious in the sight of God and He will be there for you!!!

• My son   3 years 7 weeks ago

i will be praying for your sons SAFE return home and that God will do a mighty work in his life AND ALSO A HEDGE OF PROTECTION OVER HIM SO NO HARM WILL COME HIS WAY. GOD BLESS YOU KEEP THE FAITH, GOD IS A GOOD GOD ALLTHE TIME!

• Hopeless   3 years 7 weeks ago

Adam, You like the rest of us, have fallen short. That is exactly why Jesus died on the cross for us, because we all have, and do. Once you have asked for Jesus' forgiveness, allow yourself to forgive yourself.

I am sorry that the pastor did what he did. You should be able to find support and love in your church, not condimnation.

Consider reading Tell Them I Love Them by Joyce Meyer. It really helped me.

• Depression   3 years 7 weeks ago

Praying that God will break you from the bondage that you are feeling. Know that God loves you, and you are the apple of his eye. A great book that really helped me is Tell Them I Love Them by Joyce Meyer.

• This Burger Attacked Me!   3 years 7 weeks ago

This morning as I was driving to work I was listening to your comments on The Heart Attack Grill. Please know as I respond to this I am a sister in Christ-totally not trying to be harsh or judgemental. However, I am also a Registered Dietitian. I have people before me every day hurting because they are struggling with their weight, have type 2 diabetes related to overweight/obesity, their child is obese, they are going in for bypass surgery, they are strapped to a dialysis machine for 3-5 hours 3 times a week, they have breast cancer, colon cancer, the list goes on. God gave us one body and I know it is my calling to not only educate people on how to care for that one body, but to motivate them as well. I cannot possibly support or even laugh at a restaurant such as this because I see the repercussions of unhealthy lifestyles. You can tell me I am over reacting, but right now there are people in hospital gowns going in for bypass surgery. They are terrified. Some will die. I saw this firsthand as I watched my own dad being rolled away to have his chest cracked open. Check out these statistics:
    60% of US adults are either overweight or obese.
    In 2002, 41,000 new cases of cancer were estimated to be due to obesity. At least 1/3 of all cancers are related to diet which means they are preventable.
    Heart disease is the number one killer of Americans. Dean Ornish MD and Caldwell Esslstyn MD have proven one can not only stop heart disease but actually reverse coronary artery disease through diet. Americans are complaining about the cost of health care and this preventable disease costs our country more than 250 billion per year.
    Diabetes rates are climbing. 1.9 million people ages 20 or older were newly diagnosed with diabetes in 2010. Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure and a major cause of heart disease and stroke.

Trust me- this is just the tip of the iceberg. I want to help all people but especially God's people treat their bodies with the reapect they deserve. We are fearfully and wonderfully made by our creator. I want people to have vitality, health, and joy to serve our Creator.

I do realize this was a one time trip to a restaurant. That being said, 1 Cor 10:31 tells us whatever we do-even eating and drinking, to do it all to the glory of God. Believe me, people struggle with food the same way or worse than drugs and alcohol. Unhealthy food wreaks also havoc on our bodies as do these substances. I see it daily. People hurt and struggle with it.

I just could not remain silent on this topic. Please know I write this humbly and with concern. As I said-I know God has called me to my profession. I cannot help but fight for people's health. I would LOVE to see you highlight healthy habits or even local healthy restaurants. I would love for there to be a place people in Las Vegas could go for help if they are struggling with obesity or chronic disease.

Humbly,

Jennifer Moore, MS, RD, CSR, NSCA-CPT

• Need some prayers   3 years 7 weeks ago

You need to contact Safe Nest*** 24 Hour domestic violence hotline at 702-646-4981 *** Once you are there, one can apply for state funds. They can provide all the necessary information that you need. We can pray for you but you need to get out from such a dangerous situation. I 15 years ago,I was in the same spot. But the Lord provided all my needs once I chose to follow Him. Do not worry, it will turn out better than what can you imagine. Call safe nest and they will help you, plus you need counseling so you do not become a victim again. I will pray for you.

• Unity Prayer   3 years 7 weeks ago

Daniel Im sorry for your loss and I imagine your feeling very sad. You know the Jesus is walking right there with you and he will give you comfort... I believe when you wrote this note you opened that door for healing so keep focused on Jesus! Thru all this pain he will bring you thru to also give up those things that keep you in bondage. Jesus is still the answer so keep you eyes on Him not your circumstance. Luv an God Bless!

• I Was Shocked by This Statistic   3 years 7 weeks ago

Oh My Gosh!!! I'm a stay at home mom and LOVE it... I try very hard to play with my little guy... there are days though, that I'm ashamed to admit, that we plop ourselves in front of the tv! UHG... Time to choose to NOT BE A STATISTIC... our little one's are certainly worth more time than 11 minutes! Thanks for opening my eyes!

• I think it is just part of being a teenager   3 years 7 weeks ago

Anthony,
    Sometimes it is normal teenage hormones but there could be an underlying medical issue. If these continue or increase to thoughts of hurting yourself please seek help. Your life is too precious to God and those that love you for you to suffer alone.
    You will be in my prayers! Remember to always turn to God, even if it seems like He's not there HE IS!!! There is help and sometimes his answers come to us from others who care!

• Prayer for no cancer   3 years 7 weeks ago

I will pray for you and your Family,there is strenght in the blood of Jesus and by his strips we are healed and made whole.Praise God that you have been healed.Thank you Lord

• Prayer for wisdom and strength   3 years 7 weeks ago

I just recently said a prayer for you and your family. It must be really tough to go through what your experiencing. I pray God will see you through this, and that his protection will be with you and your kids. My prayer is that your children will see the light in you, and that your husband will come to Christ. I LOVE YOU and remember that God does too.

• Add A Caption & Win A Brad Stine Comedy DVD   3 years 7 weeks ago

Can you believe we're working for 4 hours and all we get is ice cream? Who enforces child labor laws?

• Unity Prayer   3 years 7 weeks ago

Im having a terrible day, I went to my moms grave today, everything fell apart for me. Lord, I know you love me, but I feel so alone. Help me to quit smoking and taking sleeping pills. I beg you, love Daniel

• Need some prayers   3 years 7 weeks ago

You are in my prayers. And i pray that God will open a door for you. And i also wanted to say that maybe you could try to find a womens shelter in you location. They take in abused women like the Dove center. Give you a place to rest and help u get back on your feet. Always know that you are a beloved child of God and no one can take that from you.

• Operation Christmas Child Collection   3 years 7 weeks ago

Hi. I was just wondering about the operation christmas child project. Is there ne other way to get involved in it if we r not able to drop of at ne of those locations. they r all to far away for us. can we mail them? thanks for ir time. candice green

• Hopeless   3 years 7 weeks ago

Adam, sin is sin and is forgivable only by Jesus Christ. I don't think we can ever truly understand how God sees our sins. The bible says "ALL sin", and most of us daily. Not to say there may be consequences that you will have to go through. But the most important thing is where YOU are, truly, with God. We do need to repent and turn away from the sin. The forgiveness has been taken care of.

• A Powerful Ministry to Help Former Inmates   3 years 7 weeks ago

Thanks SOS for sharing what great things God is doing in our community. This prisoner reentry initiative was possible because of the participation of the local churches and leaders of our community who have a heart for encouraging and mending the broken and hurting of our society. We need the business community to join on board with Operation H.O.P.E. for prisoner who will give the ex-felons an opportunity to prove themselves. There are many incentives available for employers who hire these individuals in this amazing HOPE for prisoners program.

• Death of a Friend's Son   3 years 7 weeks ago

If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Father we pray for this family. We know Jesus wept when He witnessed the mourning of his friends. We know you understand and share in our grief. WE trust your word that you will put an end to death. I ask you to help this family to focus their minds and hearts on you. Enable them to realize Love is never lost. Comfort them. Bless them with your peace. Secure them with your promises. All our hope rests in you.

• Prayer for wisdom and strength   3 years 7 weeks ago

Dear Taylor,
    I lived through a marriage for many years in the same situation you are in. Currently going to lose my home. In regards to your prayer request I will pray for you. You asked for how long?? Only God knows that ! But what I do know is that you have to give it to God & to trust him completely! I myself have a lot to still go through but I do know He will never leave me nor forsake me, nor will He you! Read 1 corinthians 7:15. I pray that you will trust God on this.
    Your sister in Christ

• Add A Caption & Win A Brad Stine Comedy DVD   3 years 7 weeks ago

Where's all the 8 tracks at?

• my nephews   3 years 7 weeks ago

Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers. Later He was imprisoned after being falsely accused. God had a purpose in all of these things. When Joseph was reunited with his brothers they were afraid. He told them you intended it for evil but God used it for good.

FAther we pray that you will reveal the truth in this situation. While it is easy for us to see your purpose when we know the entire story you know how difficult it is for us when we dont know. I ask that you make everyone connected to this situation secure in your love and peace and comfort and strength. NOthing can separate us from you.