- Listen Live
YOUR LOVE AWAKENS ME BY PHIL WICKHAM
Free Reception for Writers and Readers on April 13!
On Friday, April 13th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., the public is invited to a free reception to meet seven nationally and regionally known authors of inspirational books and magazines. The informal reception will be held at the Staybridge Suites at 3038 South Decker Lake Drive (just east of the E-Center) in West Valley.
The authors and editors in attendance will be visiting the Salt Lake Valley to teach at the Utah Christian Writers Conference, which will be held in Bluffdale on April 14, 2012. They include:
• Lori Copeland, award-winning and bestselling author of more than 100 novels, with over 3 million copies of her books sold.
• Megan Gordon, senior associate editor for Focus on the Family’s Thriving Family magazine.
• Virginia Smith, award-winning author of 20 novels and recipient of the Holt Medallion Award of Merit.
• L. T. Kodzo, author of the popular Locker 572 which tackles the tough issue of bullying in America’s schools.
• Kathleen Damp Wright, author of the newly released Dog Daze, the first in a delightful series for children ages 8 and up.
• Marilyn Rocklemann, author and clinical director of Hope Christian Counseling in Salt Lake City.
• Jim Cook, a Utah technology specialist and debut author of The Left Hand.
The reception will provide an opportunity for readers and aspiring writers to chat with the authors and editors in an informal setting, and to find out more about the conference the following day. For more information about the reception or the conference, please visit www.UtahChristianWriters.com or call (801)647-9464.