- Listen Live
NO MATTER WHAT BY KERRIE ROBERTS
Production Title: “This is Love”
Director/Writer: Caleb Smith
Compensation: Copy, Credit, Meals
Logline: “A small-town preacher marries a high-class prostitute and all hell breaks lose, as he tries to show her heavenly love and prove he’s not like the other men she’s known.”
How to Audition: Email head-shot and/or body-shot, along with a resume to [email protected] and we will give you more details.
Seeking Singers, Actors, Dancers. (Specific roles below. Singing roles are marked with *)
* Narrator (18-35) M: The narrator brings us into the story and ushers us back out of it at the end.
* Hosea (18-30) M: Young preacher who falls in love with the prostitute, Satine.
* Satine (18-30) F: The young prostitute who, against her will, marries Hosea. She is adult Gomer, who hides behind her stage name, Satine.
* Young Gomer (7-10) F: The little girl, who one day grows up into the prostitute, Satine.
* Juliet (mid 20's - early 30's) F: Gomer's adoring mother.
Dorian (mid 20's - early 30's) M: Gomer's disapproving father
Doctor (25 +) M/F: Doctor who helps Satine once
Store Clerk (18+) M: Man who helps Hosea while buying supplies
* Jacob Folley (18-30) M: Owner of the town brothel, this handsome fellow is respected by all and feared by most. He has a solid grip on the town, and the people in it.
Hester (early 40's - early 50's) F: Prostitute who took Satine under her wing.
Grendel (18-30) M: He is the muscle and intimidation behind Jacob, bodyguard and enforcer, a puppet in Jacob's villainous grasp.
Jezabel (15-30) F: The prostitute who is jealous of Satine's popularity, and wants her out of the brothel.
Man (18-40) M: Just a random guy who goes to the brothel
Old Hosea (50-70) M: Hosea aged and worn by time.
Old Gomer (50-70) F: Gomer aged and worn by time.
* Extras/Background (Teen and up) M/F: Dancers, Singers, ect who bring the sets, songs, and dances to life. (We are particularly in need of more male dancers.)
WE ARE ALSO IN NEED OF DONATIONS:
Please see http://www.gofundme.com/This-is-Love to donate.